||Check out "What's New" - links
to things I'm interested in:
- Political Science, by Michael Specter, an essay from The New
Yorker, about the disregard for science from the Bush
- Brokeback Mountain, the story that spawned the movie.
- A series of articles about climate change, from The New Yorker,
by Elizabeth Kolbert. (08/19/05)
- An article by Richard Preston about climbing some of the tallest
trees in the world. (07/25/05)
- A few favorite stories, the man behind "ferret-legging", and Bill
Moyers with Isaac Asimov. (04/16/05)
- A great essay from 1987 about the advent of microbrewing here in the
- A few new articles about Ken Kesey, the economics of food
production, and a favorite sf story of mine, (07/10/04)
- Some new articles about apples, merchant shipping, and "webstalking"
- A link to my new tree-seed-growing website. (08/20/03)
- A few new articles. (08/20/03)
- The (actual) effect of sanctions on the people of Iraq. (01/08/03)
- A very funny essay about exploring the Meadowlands of New Jersey.
- Photos of a strange guy on wheels.
- I've been reading and listening to Michael Pollan a lot lately. Here
are a few essays on the organic food industry in America, beef, and a
some links to an interview where he explains his thoughts on plants and
the human brain.